Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canadian Idol - Season 6 - Top 20 - Results

I love how Canadian Idol is changing it up this year! Tonight, the judges have chosen 4 encores from last night's performance show. They will be performing again tonight.

Farley picked Theo Tams, who performs "Collide" again. And it was even better than the night before!

Zack picked Amberly Thiessen. She performs "Everything I own" once again.




Jake picks Oliver Pigott, who sings "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" again tonight. Jake says Oliver is the kind of artist that he would sign. Nice endorsement for this Pigott. It's great to hear this one again...

Sass picked Omar Lunan, and we hear "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" again.

I was kinda disappointed that Sebastian Pigott was not asked to do an encore - I thought his quirky version of "Daydream" was really well done.




And now the results - 4 singers are headed home, 2 from each group.

From Monday night, Lisa, Marie-Pierre and Paul are in the bottom 3.

From Tuesday night, Jesse, Adam and Jessica are in the bottom 3.

One of each group is safe, and the other two are headed home.

And the first singer from Monday night to go home is Paul Clifford. Wow, I did not see that one coming. I really don't think he deserved to go home just yet.

From Tuesday night, the first singer to be eliminated is Jesse Cottam. I didn't like his performance last night, but again, I didn't think he deserved to go just yet. Jesse heads back stage, saying we'd see more of his band in the future, 7 Angels.




From Monday night, Lisa Bell is eliminated. Wow. Another one I did not see coming.

From Tuesday night, Jessica Sheppard is headed home.

Personally, I would have sent Mark Day and Marie-Pierre Bellerose home from Monday. As for Tuesday's competitors, I would have sent Adam and Katelyn home.

Ben mentions we will have our Top 10 next week - does that mean there will be 6 singers eliminated next week, or did Ben make a mistake?

No comments: