Wednesday, July 16, 2008

American Idol Season 7 Tour - San Jose, CA, July 8th 08 - Videos and Pictures

Articles

Review: One David better than other during American Idols Live! concert
http://origin.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9827594?nclick_check=1


Excerpt:
Thousands of young girls let loose earsplitting shrieks. Little boys tussled with teens for space on the arena floor. Moms and dads waved their arms in the air. Security guards readied themselves in case things got ugly.
And all that was for the person inside the Pop-Tart outfit and his accompanying band of mascots, who were firing T-shirts out of air guns prior to the start of the show.

The capacity crowd was definitely excited for the local stop of the 2008 American Idols Live! Tour (presented by Pop-Tarts). The majority of that enthusiasm on Tuesday night at the HP Pavilion in San Jose was clearly focused on the two Davids -- this past season's runner-up, David Archuleta, and eventual champion, David Cook.



Music review: Lackluster 'Idol' concert
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/09/DDPG11M9V0.DTL

Excerpt:
Season 7 winner Cook seemed just as overwhelmed but worked hard to compensate with exaggerated rock bluster and effusive gratitude.

"I've waited 25 years to stand right here," he said, bowing his head as audience members held up signs that read "Marry Me" and "Cougars for Cook."

He's certainly a capable rock singer, not all that different from Chris Daughtry, but Cook's decision to throw all those chugging riffs and sweaty metal vocals behind limp songs by Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson and Diane Warren seemed like the kind of thing that would have got him a round battering on the actual "American Idol." Where is Simon Cowell when you need him?



Fan Review:American Idol concert recap (Warning: long entry and LOTS of pictures!)
http://mosaic.livejournal.com/200998.html

Excerpt:
He took off his "Wild Kittens" bracelet, signed it... (I started shaking when I realized what was happening.) ... and he handed it to me. As he signed it, he said to no one in particular, "I have to give this to her because I lost her other one." And then as he gave it to me, he looked my in the eye and said, "I got this from my elementary school when I was home, so you take care of it." I looked him right back in the eye and said, "I will guard it with my life."




Pictures


I am not sure who those belong to, so if they are yours, let me know so I can give proper credit!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Video


Hello - from cookified

DC2Hello
Uploaded by cookified


Hello in HD - from thekirsten


Hello - from Gladiatorgirl2


Banter - from cookified


More Banter - from Gladiatorgirl2


I Don't Want To Miss A Thing in HD - from Gladiatorgirl2


My Hero - from cookified

DCMyHero
Uploaded by cookified


Billy Jean - from LILESLIEconcerts


Please Don't Stop The Music - from cookified

AI08PDSTM
Uploaded by cookified

No comments: