Thursday, September 13, 2007

Q&A: Idol's Chris Richardson talks about his future, his home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Q&A: Idol's Chris Richardson talks about his future, his home
http://www.dailypress.com/entertainment/dp-now-richardson,0,6294193,full.story


Exert:

SM: Have you been in contact with him (Jason Mraz) since you performed his music on the show?

CR: He's shot me a couple of e-mails, telling me how he's now a Chris Richardson fan. Hopefully, it's something where we can work together. It's all about connections and building friendships having fun with it.

SM: We hear you've been writing songs with Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks.

CR: I have hopefully four songs on Blake's album that are co-written by me. For his first single, we're pushing for the one that me and him wrote together. I think it would do really good. It's called "What You Got To Lose." Hopefully that will spin out there in radioland, and it will build some credibility as a songwriter. I haven't had too much time to get into the studio while on tour, where a couple of people have. Jordin and Blake have been in the studio. They've been flying out on their days off. It's sort of the luxury of making it farther on the show. So they have the advantage of getting their albums pretty much done and put out before everybody else's, which is cool. So I figured I'd try to be a part of it and keep my name out there. I don't want people to lose interest in me and hopefully anticipate my album coming out.

SM: Are you still shopping for a record deal?

CR: I'm still shopping for a deal, talking with different labels. I'm just trying to find the right home, find the right management. Hopefully it will come together, I'm sort of leaving it up to God. I'm letting him take the wheel with it. I'm being patient with it. I think waiting sometimes is better. I'm optimistic. I used to get a little impatient because I had so many doors shut in my face. So now I'm using this as an opportunity and hopefully it will escalate from here. Hopefully, I'll be someone that can sell great records or great music.

SM: Would you like to do a duet with Elliott Yamin?

CR: It's weird you ask that, because I've contacted him in the last couple of weeks and asked if he wanted to do something on the album. He said he's be delighted. We became friends in over in L.A. He's a really great-hearted person and a great friend of mine. You never know what will show up. There are always possibilities out there. If he does happen to show up on my album, great. If not, hopefully, this being my first album, I can put out a complete descriptive detail of who I am as an artist.

1 comment:

Team Writer said...

Thanks for the heads-up :-)