Friday, November 30, 2007

What Are You Listening To? Part 2

I have recently taken to setting my iTunes player on "shuffle" while I work, and I have been resisting the urge to skip some songs very well lately. This lead me to "discovering" songs that I had, but had not listen to very much. So I decided, why not share? Some of those songs are "new discoveries" for me, while others are just songs I'm listening to a lot at the moment...



1- Powerless To Change - Greg Neufeld - Greg Neufeld 2007


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.


This song contains three of my very favorite things: acoustic guitar, cello and Greg's soft, velvety voice. Slipping the earphones on to listen to that song feels like slipping on a warm, cozy sweater, sitting by the fire, sipping on hot chocolate. Check out his band, DIMARCO - they have a Dave Matthews kind of vibe that is very appealing.

Sometimes I don't mean the words that I say... We are only human and that's ok... There's no one else to blame... No one else to blame... We're just powerless to change...



2- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz - Single 2006



If you like this song, head on out to Jason's MySpace Page to listen to a live version of this song. The back and forth with his percussionist/back vocalist is absolutely wonderful. One cannot help but sing along, clap hands and just sway happily from side to side when listening to that song.

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours




3- I Will Remember You - Ryan Cabrera - Single 2006



Oh, the romantic, 16 year old little girl in me love this song. It just takes me back... It's great. Check out Ryan on his MySpace Page.

I will remember you, and all of the things that we've gone through... There is so much I can say but words get in the way... So, when we're not together, I will remember you...



4 - Angel - Sarah McLaughlan - Surfacing 1997



Truly one of a kind.... I don't like a lot of female singers for some reasons... But her... Her voice is just enchanting.

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there





5 - Landmines And Landslides - Less Than Jake - In With The Out Crowd 2006



And a little bit of ska to end.... This song is more rocking than what they usually do... But it's still so good!!!!

landmines-landslides no matter how i try
i'm destined for disaster a failure by design
landmines-landslides every single time
i'm destined for disaster i'm trapped on every side

No comments: