Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blake Lewis is ready to catch your panties

Blake Lewis is ready to catch your panties
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21982007/
The ‘Idol’ runner-up came into the studio full of ideas for his album

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The ‘Idol’ runner-up came into the studio full of ideas for his album

By Dennis Hensley
MSNBC contributor
updated 8:30 p.m. ET, Mon., Nov. 26, 2007

With some “American Idol” finalists, it’s hard not to get the feeling they just wanted to sing and be on TV. For them, actually recording music is just an afterthought. But last season’s runner-up Blake Lewis is not that kind of “Idol.”

When it came time to start making his debut album, the Washington-born beatbox virtuoso came to the table with CDs and notebooks full of ideas and a title he’d had in mind for years, “Audio Day Dream.”

“I had discs that I made like four years ago that said ‘Audio Day Dream sampler’ on them,” says Lewis whose infectious debut single, “Break Anotha” is currently climbing the charts. “So when I met with (19 Entertainment CEO) Simon Fuller and (BMG Label Group Chairman) Clive Davis, I came prepared. I had the whole idea laid out and I sold myself, like, ‘This is what I want to do and I hope you like it,’ and they did.”


Read the rest at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21982007/

No comments: