Tuesday, June 24, 2008

'American Idol' Top 10's Tour Secrets



David Cook, David Archuleta and the rest of the "American Idol" Top 10 are heading out on the 49-city "Pop-Tarts Presents American Idols Live! Tour 2008," this summer and will be spending almost three months on a tour bus. So what will they be bringing along with them to help them pass the time? "The Insider" knows!

David Cook: My guitar. My Gibson Blues King acoustic. When I am not singing onstage, I will be writing, recording and playing music.

David Archuleta: My phone. That is my only way of talking to my friends. I am addicted to texting I have to admit.

Chikezie: I am going to be bringing a guitar with me, so I can get better. I am decent, but I want to get much, much better at that instrument.

Jason Castro: I need my guitar. I go crazy without it. And probably some books. I like to read. And a computer. That is how I write my music. I don't do it the old-fashioned way.

Michael Johns: Probably my tennis rackets. In case we get any free time, I want to stay somewhat fit and play some tennis. Other than that, about 90 pairs of underpants. I don't want to do laundry.

Brooke White: I have to have music with me at all times, so I got some fancy headphones that are noise canceling that I can just plug into my iPod, so I can chill out on the bus and that will help inspire me to write when I am on the road.

Carly Smithson: My computer, so I can Skype™ with my family, and my guitar, so I can play.

Kristy Lee: I am bringing two photo albums and a stuffed bear. I like sleeping with the bear and that way I can have photos that remind me of my family and friends.

Ramiele Malubay: During my time off, I was taking all these pictures of everybody, so those.

Syesha Mercado: I have a teddy bear that is really dear to my heart. It was hand-stuffed by my fiancé. It is called Sinai. I am going to have that on the tour with me. Also, a really, good positive, uplifting book. I have a couple in mind. I am probably going to bring four books to keep my spirits high and have a good read. Of course, some comfortable clothes. You have to have some sweat pants and a nice, warm, cuddly sweater. And my iPod, my journal and laptop. I am getting a Mac.

The "Pop-Tarts Presents American Idols Live! Tour 2008" begins on July 1 in Glendale, AZ and wraps on September 13 in Tulsa, OK.

No comments: