Sunday, July 1, 2007

Lukas Rossi - Love & Lust Tour

What a night it was!!!

Beautiful night for an outdoor concert. It was chilly at first, but once the crowd filled in the place, we all got cozy and the placed warmed up. It was actually quite comfortable.

Hubby and I had been invited to go to the soundcheck, so we went to talk with a security guy. The guy went inside to inquire about us being able to get in and all, and who walks out with him? Lukas! Greeted him, introduced myself (Oh, so YOU ARE Bouffe!) and chatted him up a bit. I thought it would be akward to meet him, but it really wasn't. He put me at ease right away. VERY nice, warm and welcoming guy. VERY easy going. So he told the security guy to get us in. I thanked him, hugged him (he's a good hugger) and went inside.

It was really cool to see how the place and the show get all put together. A little army of people work at getting everything ready. Pretty cool. At that point I spotted a flaming red head girl - of course it was Chrisy! She was out there helping with the merch stuff. It was great to meet her - she's a very nice woman, always smiling and laughing. :) Met her friend too, who was also really nice. So we chatted and looked around while everyone was working. Then Lukas and Lou came on stage to do the soundcheck. Lukas was in a great mood, joking around with two guys who appeared to be his buddies. Seeing him doing the soundcheck was awesome - he really is a perfectionist.

We waited for a good while before the doors opened. It was still nice to just hang out on the roof top, looking at the sunset and the lake. People started filling in the place. Hubby and I had taken a spot right in front of Lukas, but back a little. I didn't want to be right against the bar. So in comes the crowd... And I spot Pegasus, who was with a bunch of other RBLers. So I went up and chatted. It was so cool to meet some peeps! Finally putting a name to a face. So I met Peg, Zann, Zota, LukNut, Niki and Misty. Sorry if I forget someone - I met many people and have a tiny brain! *LOL* Everyone was great to chat with and we were all in a great mood. :) Also saw Christina again. :)

So on with the show!

A guy named Mani opened for Lukas. He is a friend of Lou, and he is from Toronto. He's got a beautiful voice, and his music sounded good. Great way to open the show. I finally got to meet Kendra during Mani's set. She was running around like a maniac trying to organize everything. She worked really hard to support her husband, and it was great to see. I introduced myself to her and we hugged. She's a very nice woman, and she is beautiful! I thanked her for getting me there, as I was already having a blast and Lukas had not even been on yet. *L* Kendra was lucky to have had Chrisy and her friend to help at the merch booth - it was crazy there!!!

Then after a little intermission, Lukas came in! His dad had been seated on a couch behind him, on the stage. I thought it was not only cool he was there to listen to his son, but the symbolism of him sitting behind Lukas was beautiful, too. Sort of like saying he was behind his son, supporting him. Lukas aunt was there too. Kendra, who was filming the set, sat down with them a few times, too.

So, not in order, Lukas sang Dead Flower, Same Mistake, Sunrise of a Digital Star, It's all Love, Fuse, Alleluia, Lonely Ones (beautiful!), Living on a Prayer and Headspin (encore). I think that was it. The new stuff was not well known, but very well received nonetheless. The RSSN songs were very well received as well, and most of the crowd sang along. Lukas dedicated Fuse to his wife, Kendra. He got up to sing that one, reaching out to the crowd. It was beautiful. But Headspin was definitely the highlight of the night. The crowd went totally nuts and we all sang at the top of our lungs. I fucking love that song, I really do.

Then it was all over too soon. Lukas mentioned wanting to meet everyone at the merch booth, so we all got in some sort of crazy lineup. I think at that point some more people were let in the bar, and things got really crazy. There was a very eclectic mix of people on that roof top to say the least. It was pretty cool. So the line up for the merch booth was crazy, but it was worth it. When my turn came, it was so crazy around, it was unbelievable. So much noise! So many people! I don't know how Kendra and Lukas do it. Lukas had a smile on his face, he was quite happy to be there. I thanked him for the music, told him how much I loved the show, and that it was great to see him in his hometown. I had 3 cds with me, and I didn't want to annoy him, so I asked if it was ok to sign them for my friends. So he did, very gratiously, taking the time to lean over so I could tell him who to sign the cd for. I was about to leave without my cd signed, but he grabbed it and signed it (he remembered my name, too, I just don't know how he does it, he must have met a thousand people that night). I asked if it was ok to take a pic, and he said of course! So hubby took our pic, but it didn't turn out. It's ok, I was just happy to have finally met him and that I was able to talk to him a bit.

We hung around the bar, I chatted up some more with the RBL peeps, and then it was time to go home, as it was 2:30am!!! The night flew by, I just couldn't believe it was that late. All in all it was a really good night, and I enjoyed the venue very much. I feel fortunate I had yet another chance to see Lukas play in his hometown. Those are always so special!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: