Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Disheveled Media - Will the real Blake Lewis Please Stand Up

Totally awesome article/interview on Blake Lewis, American Idol 2007 Top 2 finalist. It gives insight on the Idol experience for Lewis, what his upcoming album will sound like, and what might well be the first single.... All of this complete with pictures and videos. Awesome!

Fing it here:

http://www.disheveledmag.com/blakelewis.html

Exert:

It’s amazing what can happen with some good exposure.

After being persuaded to try out for American Idol last September, Blake Lewis's journey has lifted him from Seattle musician to a nationally recognized personality. American Idol allowed Lewis to cover songs his own way, and in turn he changed the show, represented Seattle all he could, and exposed its music scene to the world, and more importantly, to Seattle.

“I was just riding the wave, it was my time to communicate me, I guess that’s how I view it,” Lewis said while on the back deck at Seattle’s Tost. “I was just having fun, Are you kidding me? People were like, ‘Are you stressed?’ and I was like 'Dude I get to perform one song a week, one song.' Not even A song, I didn’t even get to do a full song. I'm an improv musician, I can go for 10 minutes. I'm a diva with the mic, let me go.”


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: