Friday, June 29, 2007

Leave him alone!

Blake Lewis was a guest on the Johnjay and Rich radio show in Arizona on Wednesday morning. The djs asked him only a few questions about the American Idol Tour - they didn't even know it had not started yet. They mostly focused on one topic of discussion - Blake Lewis sexuality. Pressing the question "Are you gay" to Lewis, the djs didn't let go, even when Lewis was saying "No, definitely not". By the end of the exchange, Blake annoyingly (and rightly so) answered that no, he is not gay, and that he would scream it out loud.

WTF is wrong with those djs?

Just leave him the fuck alone!!! Who fucking cares about who Blake Lewis is banging? Wether the guy is straight, gay or bi, dry humping trees or blowing beavers won't change the fact that he is madly talented and awesome at what he does. The guy wants to do music - he lives and breaths music, it's his life. That all he wants to talk about, that's all he wants to do. Why take more than 2/3 of an interview to ask him about his sexual orientation? I just don't. Get. It!!! I'd be mighty pissed if I was in his shoes.

And so in that spirit, let's talk about his upcoming album, which I am very much looking forward to. I cannot wait to hear what he comes up with. I am very excited that he seems to have lots of creative control over his album. Here's an exert from an interview he did:


Just one week before the American Idols Live tour kicks off in Sunrise, Florida, Blake Lewis is already hard at work laying down tracks for his upcoming album. “I just recorded my first track last night,” the Idol runner-up told TV Guide in an exclusive interview. “I’ve already written seven songs.”

Lewis, who is in the midst of rehearsals for American Idols Live, began recording in Los Angeles on June 18. Electronic musician BT has signed on to produce and rapper Doug E. Fresh, who performed with Lewis on the Season 6 finale, is in talks to beatbox on a song.

“There’s a couple of emcees I’d like to work with,” he says. “I’m going to have four or five people beatbox between tracks.”

Asked to describe the disc’s sound, Lewis says, “I’d classify it as electro-funk-soul-pop if you need to label it. I really love the sounds of the ‘80s so I hope to ring some of that back. I’m really inspired by electronic music.”

Fans can expect to hear the new tunes by the end of the year. “It’s on the chopping block because they want it out by Thanksgiving or Christmas,” he reveals. But the Seattle native promises that listeners won’t be disappointed.

“I’ve been working for such a long time writing a lot of songs in different genres,” says Lewis. “The first album is really a testament of who you are.”

No comments: