Friday, April 11, 2008

David Cook - Studio Recordings

Eleanor Rigby - The live performance was like a fist to the gut. Cook's strong stage presence, his powerful yet tender at times vocals, the lighting.... It was awesome. The studio version lives up to this fantastic live performance. Gorgeous.





Day Tripper - I loved the live performance - it was like a rock show! On American Idol! The studio recording is awesome, too. Cook's vocals are strong, gritty where it counts. I miss the vococorder tho...





Billy Jean - The live performance of that song had a strong visual effect - the lighting, Cook's demeanor, the way he changed up the song... What a great, amazing surprise it was. The studio recording is as good, although I prefer the live performance for the power that the visual of it had on me.





Little Sparrow - the live performance was great! And the studio version is as good, if not better. A bit monotonous, but that's the nature of the song. I love the tribal sounding drums... Makes the song more dramatic.





Innocent - this version is soooooooooooooooooo much better than the live performance. I think it has to do with the fact that the song needs to build up to have an impact - the 1min30sec Idol format doesn't really work with this song.





Always Be My Baby - I would have never thought in a million years that this could be as good as it was. Nothing will ever, EVER compare to the passion and emotion Cook displayed on stage during his live performance, but this studio version is still beautiful. I miss the rhythmic violins and drums, but all in all, a very, very solid version.




Music of the Night - David showed everyone just how versatile a singer he really is. A rocker who can sing operatic music? What? Are you kidding me? Yes, he really can! And he does it beautifully, too. His voice is pure and clear here, devoid of any grit (I love the grit, I really do). When he sings, "Touch me, Trust me, Savor every sensation", I believe him.




I'm Alive - The live performance was so darn short! This recording is GREAT! David the rocker is back in full force with this. It's the kind of song you listen to at top volume in the car, windows rolled down, driving fast, drumming the beat on the steering wheel... Great, great, GREAT!




Hungry Like The Wolf - Much heavier, more rocking version than the live performance. I like, I like a LOT!!!




No comments: