Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol - Top8 - Results

Well, it happened. We had our first shocker elimination of the season.

The night started with a recap of the previous night, when the Idol Gives Back gala was on. 60 millions, blah, blah, blah, more celebs, blah, blah, blah, montage of celebs being silly to the song "I'm a Believer".

The Ford Commercial was quite fun this week!



Our Top 8 then gave us an encore of "Shout To The Lord" as a group sing. I have to admit that it's a great song to sing as a group - David Cook shines once again with his amazing glory noting. Yeah, I'm biased, but the guy can hold a note for the longest time, I swear!



Then it's time for the results. Brooke White came out first, and was sent to the Couches of Safety. David Cook was next - he walked slowly up to Ryan, who asked him how he feels. "Either way", said a worried Cook, looking back and forth between the couches and the stools. Ryan asked what he thought of Simon calling him pompous, and in true Word Nerd fashion, David answered that, after being called arrogant, smug and now pompous, he wondered what other word can be used to say the same thing. I love him. He was sent to the Couches of Safety, relieved. David Archuleta was up net. And of course, Archie was safe.



Jordin Spark and Chris Brown performed their single "No Air". I think Jordin's a good singer, but I cannot care less about this song even if I wanted to.



Jason Castro and Kristy Lee Cook were brought up net. Both were safe.



Which means that the Bottom 3 was composed of Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado and Micheal Johns.

Watch as the one to leave the competition is announced.



Yes, Michael Johns was eliminated. Sent home. Such. Bull. Shit.

And Ryan was a complete jerk to tease Michael by saying they didn't send anyone home last year. Complete. Jerk. I like Ryan, but this was unnecessary cruel.

Nonetheless, Michael sang "Dream On" one last time, and he kicked the shit out of that song, showing everyone what he is made of. Not a rock singer? Fuck you Randy, Fuck you Simon.


1 comment:

Dream Baby Dream said...

LMAO! Tell us how you really feel...but yeah, I'm in the same boat. I think I'm doing a little better with it now, but really...I still just don't understand.