Tuesday, March 18, 2008

American Idol - Top 11

Hum, maybe it was not such a good idea to have a second Beatles songs night?

Amanda Overmyer - “Back in the Ussr”

Great song choice for Amanda!

Kristy Lee Cook - “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away”

Meh.

David Archuleta - “Long and Winding Road”


Michael Johns - “A Day in the Life”

Michael is looking good in black - did he die his hair? He's sounding really good........ But oh the falsetto was a bit rough...

David Cook - “Day Tripper” - Peter Frampton style with Vox box

Just listening to the audio, David C was................. lkdj9 erutaeuurtwerjsfng wo8ertwer 94 t5ndflga!!! Damn that was good. Can't wait to see the performance!

Brooke White - “Here Comes the Sun”

With just the audio... Brooke sounds good... A bit weird in the lower part of her register, and the WOO! was ... weird? While I didn't really like the arrangement, and Brooke's "falsetto" was... Yikes.

Carly Smithson - “Blackbird”

Straight up version, simple, beautiful. The vocals were really gorgeous. I could have done with the glorified last few bars. The ending was beautiful.

Jason Castro - “Michelle”

Ok, Ryan presenting Jason in French? HAWT!!! But back to Jason... That is such a beautiful song... Jason's vocals were really good on this. I'm not really enjoying the arrangement tho. I agree with Paula, it sounded like a polka, like a sing along song. It was a bit... boring... Performance wise, Jason looked awkward and goofy, but I guess by now this is part of his schtick.

Syesha Mercado - “Yesterday”

I hated it after hearing the first note. That glory note, and the falsetto were soooooooooooo bad... She sang that song way too slowly. I liked that she stayed seated with the guitar player by her side.

Chikezie - “I’ve Just Seen A Face”

He's keeping us on our toes! Once again, I did not expect this from him. I liked the slow arrangement, and he sang well, although the very start of it was rough. Then when he kicked it in with the harmonica... The transition was weird, but the faster pace was fun. After watching the performance, i have to admit I liked it much better. While the performance was not a whole lot in itself, it all tied it together for me,t he vocals, the instrument, the performance... Yep, it worked. Oh, and hello Ashley Clark!

Ramiele Malubay - “I Should Have Known Better”

WTF is that? I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kristy's performance was bad...... But still much better than this! Not feeling this.

My predicted Bottom 3 - Kristy, Syesha, Ramiele.


No comments: