Tuesday, March 4, 2008

American Idol Season 7 - Top 16 - Top 8 Guys

I did a little something different tonight - I listened to the audio only at rickey.org, and then watched the show on TV. It was very interesting to say the least. All the performances held up for me vocally tonight. Yeah, even Luke. His voice was a bit thin, but it still was good vocally. But it changed a bit for some when I watched the performances as well.

Luke Menard - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

While I thought the vocals were good, I was not wowed by Luke tonight. His voice was thin, His performance added a lot to the song, but all in all, it was not a great song for him.

David Archuleta - Another Day in Paradise

The vocals were great - love how he changed it up a bit. Performance wise? I liked him on the piano, tho his looking at the camera was a bit awkward. But other than that, the performance was pretty ordinary.

Danny Noriega - Tainted Love

I was worried he was going to butchered this song, but his vocals really held up on this one. I'm not a huge fan of his voice, but I thought the song was well suited for Danny's voice. But the performance ruined it all for me. The cheesy dance moves were awful, and the weird facial expressions... Yeah, not feeling it.

David Hernandez - It’s All Coming Back to Me Now

While I think David H lacks a little bit of depth to his voice to really, really, REALLY kill that song, I think he still did a really, really, REALLY great job with it. The vocals were superb, and so was his performance. He gave me chills. One of my favorite tonight.

Michael Johns - Don’t You Forget About Me

Michael is back! That was pretty good. I like his higher register - his lower tone is good, but a bit weak. Great song choice - that was totally him.

David Cook - Hello

First of all, when I heard David was going to sing "Hello", I was like WTF? I just couldn't imagine him singing that song. I LOVED it. Oh wow! Reminded me a bit of Lukas Rossi when he did "Living on a Prayer" on RockStar Supernova. I loved that David started out with the electric guitar, the band kicking up a bit after. I loved his interpretation of the song, the way he phrased it a bit differently, and the way he ended it. Very, VERY good!

Jason Castro - Hallelujah

Oh I love that song... I hated that Jason let the judges and their "no guitar next time" comments get to him. This song would have been perfect for him to perform with the guitar. I think he did a great job with it - the tempo was a bit fast, I felt it needed to be a bit slower for Jason to really get into the lyrics... And it was too bad about that last little bit, because his vocals were really good throughout. His performance, eyes closed and all, really added to it all. I really enjoyed Jason this week.

Chikezie - All the Man (woman) that I Need

While the vocals were good, this really didn't work for me. The change in lyrics didn't work, and I just plain dislike a man singing this song. I think Chikezie will be gone come Thursday.

Favs: David H, David C, Michael Johns, Jason C
Worst: Chikezie, Luke
Gone: Chikezie, Luke


No comments: