Thursday, February 21, 2008

American Idol Season 7 - Top 24 - Top 12 Girls

Ok, Ok, Ok, I get it. The girls are sick. They have the flu. I know how it feels, I've had it before. It's awful. And I feel for all of them. But at the same time, they need to show us they are professionals, and that they will bring it, and I mean BRING IT whatever the circumstances.


Kristy Lee Cook - “Rescue Me”

Soooooooooooo monotonous. She's a good singer, but honestly, she really didn't showcase any of her talents this night.


Joanne Borgella - “Say a Little Prayer for You”

Ouch. Pitchy, pitchy, pitchy. She was behind the beat a lot of the time, too. Her nerves are getting the best of her... That's too bad, because I believe she can really shine if she shakes it all off.


Alaina Whitiker - “I Love You More Today Than Yesterday”

I liked it. She's got a nice low voice, and her more energetic voice is great, too. She seems comfortable up there. Promising.


Amanda Overmeyer - “Baby Please Don’t Go”

I like this chick. She's so different than the others, she does stand out. I'm not sure that was the best choice of song for her, but she rocked it, and I loved it! She seems really comfortable on stage, and her banter with Simon (dude, have you ever heard the song?) and Ryan (sorry for pulling in front of ya dude) was funny. I wanna hear more of her voice tho. But that was really, really good!


Amy Davis - “Where the Boys Are”

This was unbelievably bad. I'm usually not bothered by singers who "scoop up to the note" (1$ Randydawg), but Amy did it so unbelievably badly that it was rally painful to listen to.


Brooke White - “Happy Together”

I liked this. A lot. I really enjoyed the beginning, with Brooke's voice and the guitar, and kinda wish she had kept the guitar only throughout the song. Very good interpretation, great stage presence. I also enjoyed her banter with Simon.


Alexandrea Lushington - “Spinning Wheel”

I enjoyed this very much. Alex has got some guts coming out with such a performance. The arrangement was bit weird, but it totally suited her. I liked the way she was moving to the music, getting into it. Not the best vocals, that's true, but she sang well and performed it really well. She's cute and fun to boot!


Kady Malloy - “Groovy Kind of Love”

I have been pretty much on part with the judges so far, but for Kady? I totally disagree with them. Yeah, she needs ti lighten up a bit and have more fun, but her vocals were stellar. What is really amazing for me here is that I HATE that song. I HATE it. I've heard it so much I really, really loathe it now. And I was rolling my eyes at her when she started singing this song. But as she sang, my interest grew. She held my attention on a song I hate. I think she did a really great job with it.


Asia’h Epperson - “A Piece of My Heart”

Nice. VERY nice! I enjoyed this very much. Asia'h choose the perfect song for her. It highlighted her voice, her range and it showed another side of herself. Probably my favorite this night.


Ramiele Malubay - “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me”

Wow, the best vocals of the night. When this song is well done, it gives me chills. And this night, it did. But Ramiele's hair, outfit, shoes, vibe, didn't fit with this old fashioned song. She sang it beautifully, but I was expecting her to be a bit more contemporary.


Syesha Mercado - “Tobacco Road”

Wow, the music drowned her voice quite a bit there. I was not expecting this from her, and I gotta say, I liked it! She surprised me. And she sang that song really well.


Carly Smithson - “The Shadow of Your Smile”

What an old fashioned choice for her! Beautiful vocals, but I think she is capable of something much more entertaining than this.


No comments: