Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 7 - Performances Part 2

Lil Rounds - “I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan
She's off key most of the time. And on the chorus, the backup singers save her ass. Send her home already... Disappointing since she was so full of promises at the beginning of the season.


Kris Allen - “She Works Hard For the Money” by Donna Summer
I LOVE how he changed the song up to suit his style. Jazzy,l Mraz-y kind of version. Gorgeous vocals (tho he kinda missed that big note), nice ending, LOVED IT!


Danny Gokey - “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
Good song choice for Danny. Finally changing it up a bit. Sounds like he's screaming a bit in parts, but all in all, great vocals.


Allison Iraheta - “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
I don't like how she's dressed. She's 16, for pete's sake! LOVE how she turned the song on its head and made it a legitimate hard rock song. I LOVED the ending with the "hot hot hot stuff" thing! AWESOME!!!!!!


Adam Lambert - “If I Can’t Have You” by Yvonne Ellim
Adam looks like an Elvis impersonator with his hair styled like that. The snake ring is distracting me. Great vocals which left me totally cold. I will give to him. He didn't go for the obvious.


Matt Giraud - “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees
Great, great, great! I was nervous with the song choice, but he worked it out! Great vocals, great dancing, great performance! Loved the funky version.


Anoop Desai -
Don't like the scruff AT ALL. I liked the beginning, and it was fun during the more uptempo part of the song. I didn't really like the arrangement either. Too bad about that last note, because his vocals were really good.


My ranking

Kris
Allison
Matt
Danny
Adam
Anoop
Lil

Realistically, I know Adam won't be in the B3, and he doesn't deserve it. But I think Matt, Kris (because he went second) and Danny are all at risk of being in the B3 this week.

But I'll say... B3 = Anoop, Lil and Matt

No comments: