Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 7 - Performances

Songs of the Cinema


Allison Iraheta - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith - Armageddon
I really, really wanted to like this. But I did not. :( The slow, sexy start was pretty good, I liked that. and I was expecting to absolutely love it when she kicked into her higher voice. But it's like there was no power, no grit, no passion behind her lyrics. It's the first time I've felt that Allison was phoning it in.... I also did not like the arrangement and the way the song was cut.



Anoop Desai - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams - Robin Hood
Quentin cracks me up with his "rough it up!" advice. Anoop is sounding really good. I really liked it!!! I'm glad he did not listen to Quentin and went with the soft, pleading vocals. Really, really good.



Adam Lambert - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf - Easy Rider
OMG, that was Mig and Ty and everybody else in between. HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever laughed so much during a performance of AI. I LOVED IT because it was so fucking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta say, the techno and rock mix did not work for me either. Still, I laughed my ass off more than ever watching that performance! The best was the beating of the foot down on the ground with the fist pumps while "dancing" in front of Ricky Minor. ROTFL!!!!!



Matt Giraud - “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman” by Bryan Adams - Don Juan
He was doing pretty good, until the bridge... His voice cracked BIG TIME, and he couldn't recuperate. There was a bit too many runs for that song, in my opinion.



Danny Gokey - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross - Endless Love
No glasses tonight... I actually miss them. Love his hair cut very much tho. HOLY SHIT I LOVE HIS VOICE. HOLY SHIT I LOVE HIS VOICE!!! Cheesy song, so so arrangement, absolutely wonderful vocals.



Kris Allen - “Falling Slowly” Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Once
It's going to be a tough one for Kris. I know the soundtrack that song is from, and he did a really beautiful, emotional rendition. That whole soundtrack is filled with really beautiful, powerful, passionate music. But for those who don't know the soundtrack, don't know the movie, don't know the song... It might be tough, and may appear boring. For me? I thought Kris did absolutely wonderful. He looked great, sang with emotion, but controlled his voice very, very well. Beautiful falsetto, awesome power notes... My fav by far tonight.



Lil Rounds - “The Rose” by Bette Midler - The Rose
First, I hate her hair. I miss her short, spikey hair that gave her a special vibe. I thought she did ok, but again, she missed her big moment. Although I'm not a fan of how she sings runs, I wish she had done it in a more gospel way like she did in the last half of the song.


My Top 3:
Kris
Danny
Allison

My Bottom 3:
I'm thinking bottom 3 will be Lil, Matt and Anoop. Perhaps Allison instead of Anoop, since she went first.

No comments: