Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 5 - Performances

Jamime Foxx mentors this "Rat Pack" week.

Kris Allen - The Way You Look Tonight
Beautiful vocals! It was a bit weird how it was slow, then it was fast, then it finished slow... Still, it was really beautiful. Controlled vocals, beautiful tone, and kinda sexy! I kinda wish he had finished with either a lower note or a big belt... Not the falsetto.


Allison Iraheta - Someone to Watch Over Me
She looks fantastic. She really is mumbling tonight. It's the first time it has really bothered me. Her vocals are stellar, but it's the first time she has not really sold the song to me. I don't know what it is, but I don't believe her in that performance. I didn't feel the emotional connection in that performance either, so I get Simon's "mechanical" comment. But the rest of it? Total bullshit on Simon's part. What the hell is he talking about? Absolutely gorgeous ending tho, wow!


Matt Giraud - My Funny Valentine
Pretty, but a bit boring, really. I really wish he had played the piano - just his voice and the piano. I feel it would have let him really shine.


Danny Gokey - Come Rain or Come Shine
Oh, the tone of his voice is absolutely beautiful tonight. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Seriously, Danny's tone was absolutely gorgeous tonight. I loved the beginning, his vocals were so controlled and beautiful... And when he started to get into it more by mid song, I found myself wishing he had kept going with the soft vocals. But then, he hit me with the growls and the bluesy vibe and he knocked me off my seat. Goosebumps!!!!! Best he's done in weeks.


Adam Lambert - Feeling Good
This choice of song so does not surprise me. It has plenty of opportunities for Adam's diva to come out. The beginning is pretty, very controlled, I like that. I kinda liked it until the big note on "Feeling" good at the end. BLECH! I hate it when he goes up like that. Other than that... I thought he did great. Stellar vocals, once again. His theatrical approach to songs usually turn me the hell off, but this song needed that, so I think this was perfect for Adam.


Ok, my ranking as far as what I liked the best:
Danny, Kris, Matt, Allison, Adam

My ranking as far as who I think had the best performances:
Danny, Adam, Kris, Allison, Matt

I do think the B3 will be Kris, Allison and Matt, with Matt going home.

No comments: