Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 9 - Performances

Anoop - Caught Up by Usher
He's drown out by the music. I like this style for him. A few too many runs for me, but I liked this for him. It was good!


Megan - Turns Your Lights Down Low - Bob Marley/Lauren Hill
I liked it. She sounded weird in the first half of the song, but the second half was good. I think this song suited her well, but she could have done a bit more with it.


Danny Gokey - What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts
I wish the judges would tone it down in their comments for Danny... It was a good performance, a good vocal performance, I mean, he gave me goosebumps... But it was not THAT earth shattering....


Allison - Don't Speak by No Doubt
I HATE her hair. The guitar playing was nice, but it threw her off. I felt like the first part was really, REALLY boring and kinda off key... But then when she started singing in a more powerful voice, WOW, it was absolutely awesome!


Scott - Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel
I LOVE Billy Joel. And I FLOVE this song. And OMG, I absolutely ADORED Scott's version. The beginning was a bit rough, and I thought the song was cut a little weirdly, but wow... Once he started with "I need to know that you will always be... The same old someone that I knew...." OMG!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!!


Matt Giraud - You Found Me by the Fray
I liked it. A lot. I thought this was a good choice for him, the only current one so far. The very beginning, with the low notes, was really bad.... UGH! But then he picked it up and I think he delivered, especially on the chorus, right up until the end. Good job!


Lil Rounds - I Surrender by Celine Dion
I HATE that song. I like her hair this week. But that dress make her look like a club bouncer with really large shoulders. Did not like her performance at all.


Adam Lambert - Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry
No, no, no, no, just no. The high notes with tongue sticking out is back. No, no, no, no, no. He lost all the momentum he built with me last week.


Kris Allen - Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
WOW. Best of the night by a fucking MILE! That was a beautiful version, loved how he made this his own, the vocals were great, great, great, although I wish he had not ended with his falsetto. But other than that, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.


I am disappointed in the show tonight. The theme was so loose, they basically had any songs they wanted to sing to choose from. The only current song that was sung was by Matt with The Fray. None of them sounded original, aside from Kris and Adam. Vocals? Some were good - Kris, Danny, Scott - but most had sub par vocals tonight. I think all of them are really talented singers - but very few of them put emotions behind their vocals.

My top 3
Kris
Scott
Danny

My Bottom 3
Megan
Anoop
Lil

Going home:
Anoop

No comments: