Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 10 - Performances & VIDEOS

Matt Giraud - Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye

Loved it. nice surprise that he didn't sit at the piano the whole time.. Great vocals, nice stage presence. Great job! Can they stop with the "I know there are other front runners, but... " UGH! At least Simon told him he is a front runner, too. I think he is...


Kris Allen - How Sweet It Is - Marvin Gaye

Wow, Smokey is giving him a lot of praise. I am really enjoying Kris' voice. It records SO WELL! This version of "How Sweet It Is" was really fun. His voice sounded really good, suited him very well. I love that he keeps playing the guitar, too. Very nice.


Scott MacIntyre - You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes

I love that he stood up for himself, saying the piano is part of who he is as an artist, and that he won't just let it go because the judges said he should. Good for him!!! I love how he started. Then it got a tiny bit boring, but it was still nice. He has a beautiful voice, I love it. But once he started to let loose a bit, and the yeahs and all that? Loved it!!!! I just wish he'd move his body a bit more when he plays piano. But other than that? I really liked this performance!


Megan Joy Corkrey - For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder

Most original on the show? Gimme a break, Smokey. Her voice is not back to where it was before she got sick - it still sounds pretty rough. Damn she looks great. I totally hate her shoes. I don't think this song really suited her style.


Anoop Desai - Ooh Baby Baby - Smokey Robinson and The Miracles

I did not like this song for Anoop. He's singing in his falsetto too much for my taste. He doesn't have any power behind his vocals at all during the first half of the song. The second half is much better. Gotta admit, I do not like this song. AT ALL.


Michael Sarver - Ain’t Too Proud to Beg - Temptations

I think there were really great parts in that performance and others that were a bit boring. Too bad something caught in his throat for the ending, because that could have been epic. It was not. I'm sad. :( All in all, I think he did good, but I wish he had put more grit, more desperation in his voice. It sounded too.... happy.


Lil Rounds - Heatwave - Martha and the Vandellas

Love her dress, HATE her hair... Blech. Loved the interaction with the backup singers. I think she did really good. Randy was right about rushing a bit because there was a lot of lyrics, but I think she still pulled it off.


Adam Lambert - Tracks of my Tears - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

Alright, now THAT I LOVED. Hated the hair, but he looks good in a suit. Wow. Tonight is the first time I really believed Adam. Loved the controlled vocals, loved the falsetto throughout - sounded almost Prince-ish, loved the emotional delivery. Seriously this was GREAT. I'll be buying his studio version of the song, for sure.


Danny Gokey - Get Ready - The Temptations

Oh, I love, love, love Danny's voice. That was a fun song, and his stage performance was good. Not his best, but it was still good. I just love his vocals, I seriously could listen to him sing all day.


Allison Iraheta - Papa was a Rolling Stone - The Temptations

Oh the song of my little stripper boy... :) She KILLED it. WOW! Loved the end... Awesome!


Best: Adam, Allison

Worst: Megan, Michael


Thanks to www.mjsbigblog.com for the videos.

No comments: