Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 13 - Performances & VIDEOS

The Music of Michael Jackson


Lil Rounds - The Way You Make Me Feel

Wow, she looks great! I enjoyed her performance a lot. I didn't think she had it in her to be such a performer. Good vocals. The falsetto? No please. I agree with Simon - her outfit was not great, but the colors really suited her.


Scott MacIntyre - Keep The Faith

Oh, Scott's at the piano. Love his soft falsetto... He is so much more comfortable at the piano. While the last part was not totally on pitch, I LOVED it - Scott was getting into it, letting go, was caught in the moment... Loved it!


Danny Gokey - Pretty Young Thing

Wow... Danny surprised me! I LOVED the way he started the song - i adore his falsetto... And then he kicked into high gear and tore into his song. I thought the vocals were absolutely amazing! Performance wise... I thought the beginning was really weird and uncomfortable, and then he started to let loose and you could tell he was having fun. I liked it better when he jumped on the cat walk and interacted with the judges and the crowd. Overall... GREAT vocals, a bit of a weird performance, but enjoyable all the same. In other words.. I agree with Simon!


Michael Sarver - You're Not Alone

I'm glad Michael sang a ballad. He's got a very, very, very nice voice, and I'm glad he showed it off. I think he did great. Maybe a little less smiling all through the song, but I think he did great.


Jasmine Murray - I'll Be There

Jasmine and her Disney tune... She sounded good until the chorus, which sounded really, really off... I liked that she ended in the falsetto; that was unexpected as I thought she'd finish with a huge glory note. But something's missing. She's a good singer, but I don't feel the passion coming off of her.


Kris Allen - Do You Remember

I have always loved that song. The guitar adds a little touch, kinda latino... Great vocals from Kris, nice stage presence, I do wonder and hope that people will remember him tho... I think he did good. Sounds like the crowd really enjoyed it! I did, too.


Allison Iraheta - Give In to Me

Allison is the little rocker chick of this season. I love her tone. Her vocals tonight are really good. I just really hate that song!


Anoop Desai - Beat It

Nice haircut Anoop. I did not like this at all. His voice sounded thin, and he went off pitch a few times. His voice doesn't have the angriness necessary to pull of that song. Totally agree with Simon - no aggression and that song requires it.


Jorge Nunez - Never Can Say Goodbye

Good choice for him. Good vocals, good performance. He looked a bit... sleazy in the beginning... Reminded me of a lounge singer. While it was not my favorite, I don't think he was as bad as the judges said he was...


Megan Joy Corkrey - Rockin' Robin

Oh wow, I never expected that from Megan... I LOVED IT! Totally stupid song, but she did it really well. I think this was her best vocals since the beginning. And the song really fitted her personality - fun, quirky, young. I don't know... I loved it!


Gordon Ramsay is in the audience...


Adam Lambert - Black and White

Until he stepped on the cat walk, I thought it was really boring. But the part on the cat walk? WOW! The rest of it... He's too theatrical for me, too over the top, too screechy... But on the other hand, I think he's awesome! I'm in awe of him because he can really, really, really fucking sing! And he's comfortable on stage and everything.... So in other words, I really don't know what to think! *LOL*


Matt Giraud - Human Nature

I think Matt did really good. It was very nice to see him at the piano. Great vocals, beautiful controlled falsetto... I hope he sticks around!


Alexis Grace - Dirty Diana

WOW! Alexis! That was awesome! She produced a few bum notes, but WOW! The first half was amazing.. But then she kind of over did it a bit in the second half.

The Best:
Allison
Danny

The Worst:
Jasmine
Anoop


Thanks to www.mjsbigblog.com for the videos.

No comments: