Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 4 - Performances

Rock night! Slash is mentoring. And the AI house band gets some much needed help on guitar by none other than Rock Star Raphael Moreira!!!!


Adam Lambert - Whole Lotta Love (Led Zepelin)
Says it's his favorite of all the theme week. Ok, I'm back to laughing my ass off with Adam! That little bit with the guitarist - Mig/Ty all rolled up in one package! Vocally, I'd say it was great, the song was in a good range for him, except I hate his voice... But yeah, that was a funny performance, because it was so rock star 101 to me! Randy is smoking something if he thinks Adam is a rocker. And Kara? A rocker god? Damn, where are those people from?

Simon says that no one will be able to top Adam's performance tonight. So let the throwing of Allison, Danny and Kris under the bus commence....


Allison Iraheta - Cry Baby (Janis Joplin)
I don't like Allison's hair. She looks like Dilana! I LOVE this for Allison! She's really killing it vocally. I don't feel she's very connected to her lyrics tho.


Kris and Danny duet on Renegade (Styx)
The harmony sound good, really good. This is a bit too high for Kris, and it's perfect for Danny. Vocally, Danny was stronger and sounded better... But boy oh boy this look doesn't suit him. As much as I think Adam is a fake rockstar, Danny looked as much as one tonight. Problem is that Danny and Kris have very different voices and a different range... Must have been tough to find something that kinda suited them both.


Kris Allen - Come Together (The Beatles)
He wanted to play Revolution but he changed his song choice because it didn't feel right. Clearly this is not the best genre for Kris. Still I thought he sounded good vocally. But performance wise... Not as good as he can do, I think mainly because he was not comfortable with the song.

Danny Gokey - Dream On (Aerosmith)
So far I'm not liking it at all. The slow parts are so flat... Once he kicked in tho, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! But oh fuck the tuttutututututut, no no no Danny! The chorus was awesome, but the scream? HOLY FUCKING SHIT I THINK I PEED MYSELF LAUGHING!!!!!


Allison and Adam duet on Slow Ride (Foghat)
Allison sounded good... This was clearly the best duet of the night. I loved how the producers found a new and innovative way to have Adam perform last... AGAIN...


Best of the night - Allison
Worst - Danny
Going home - I'm afraid Kris will be leaving... There's probably nothing left of him after being thrown under the bus over and over again...

No comments: