Tuesday, May 12, 2009

American Idol - Season 8 - Top 3 - Performances

Top 3 tonight!

So Adam is going last. Again. 4th time. One each for Danny and Kris. Could the producers BE any more blatant? [/chandler's voice]


Tonight, the contestants are singing two songs - one chosen by the judges and one chosen by each contestant.


Danny Gokey - “Dance Little Sister” by Terrance Trent D’Arby - Paula's pick
Not bad. He's over singing quite a bit. But his voice sounds good. The "duel" with the sax was fun. Over all, good.


Kris Allen - “Apologize” by OneRepublic - Randy and Kara’s pick
Kris is at the grand piano, and he is sounding fantastic. What a great, great, great song choice for him! He sticks to the original, but with little vocal nuances here and there, to make it "Kris". He gave me goosebumps. FANTASTIC. Kara BLAMES Kris for the way he interpreted the song. Paula tells him that all three contestants are deserving of a Top 2 spot. And Simon BLASTS Kara for her comments to Kris, telling her she can't choose a song for Kris and then blame him for the way he sang it!


Adam Lambert - “One” by U2 - Simon’s pick
Adam is singing with the grand piano and strings accompanying him. I have to be honest and say that I LOVED how he started it all slow. Beautiful. But fuck he had to go and ruin it with that fucking screech. I really liked how he ended the song.


Segment about Idol Gives Back with Carrie Underwood.


Danny Gokey - “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker
I love this song. I love Cocker's raspy, passionate vocals on that song. Danny should kill that song with his beautiful voice and raspy tone. Danny's on stage with a guitar and a quartet. His voice sounds good at the beginning, but the arrangement was WEIRD. Then he launches into the song with his trademark raspy, powerful voice... But somehow, I am not moved. I LOVED his long note on "beautiful" and the way it kinda died down in his throat... But other than that? I did not enjoy this as much as I should have. I am disappointed.


Kris Allen - “Heartless” by Kanye West
That was absolutely beautiful and wonderful and awesome and great and fanfuckingtastic! Loved that Kris came out with his guitar only - put the focus on him and him solely - and he seemed to really enjoy doing the song. Love his take on it, how he changed it up. THAT was the best performance of the night IMO.


Adam Lambert - “Cryin” by Aerosmith
There are parts of this I enjoyed a lot, others I couldn't stop laughing, and others I just plain hated and had to cover my ears.


So, to me, the night goes something like this:

Kris - Heartless
Adam - One
Kris - Apologize
Danny - Dance Little Sister
Danny - You Are So Beautiful
Adam - Cryin'

No comments: