Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Voice - Battle Round Week 3

Pip vs Nathan Parrett – “You Know I’m No Good” by Amy Winehouse


I like Nathan better, but it was no surprise that Pip got the win on this. Nathan definitely needs more self confidence on stage. Good battle.







Erin Martin vs Shields Brothers – “What’s Love Got to Do With It” by Tina Turner


Adam was right - it WAS really weird. I have a real hard time with Erin. I like her weird voice, but really, she's not all that. The Shields Brothers are fun, but vocally not on par with all the rest of the contestants. No surprise at all that Erin takes this one.







Ashley De La Rosa vs Jonathas – “No Air” by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown


Preferred Jonathas. I felt he did better, pushed harder, improved the most. Again, not surprised Ashley won. The judges really telegraph who they favour.







Jermaine Paul vs AlyX – ‘Out of My Dreams” by Billy Ocean


What a weird song choice! I mean, I love that song, but it's silly, cheesy, not serious at all. Maybe that's why Blake chose it for this battle? I preferred Jermaine, but there's something in his performances that bugs me. No surprise that Jermaine wins this one.







Angel Taylor vs. Katrina Parker – “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis


I like those two ladies voices. I love that song, and I feel they both did a good job. I really thought Angel would take it, but this was one of those rare battles where the winner was not pre-determined. Or maybe it was, but it didn't seem obvious, not to me anyway. Angel did a great job, I preferred her in this battle. But I'm happy Katrina won it.







Erin Willett vs Gwen Sebastian – “We Belong” by Pat Benatar


I really like Gwen's voice. I'm no fan of super country voices, but she's got a little something in there that grabs me. Erin's voice is so powerful, love her tone. Great battle. I was surprised Gwen was not chosen, but I'm glad Erin got the win.




No comments: