Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol - Top 3

It's getting down to the wire! Tonight, Jordin, Blake and Melinda sang three songs each. It was a good night...

Round 1 - Judges choice:

Jordin Sparks - Wishing on a Star - She did well. Boy am I happy to see her go first... Anyway. This genre of music suited her surprisingly well. But I thought it was pretty "old" for her.

Blake - Roxanne

He did awesome with it! His vocals where great, and I was happy he sang it up straight. They sped up the tempo, and as such, I felt Blake was rushing and missing entrances. But all in all... Loved it!

Melinda Doolittle- I believe in you and me - Hard song to sing. Really hard. Melinda did amazing technically. But she didn't wow me with her performance. She was still really good.

Round 1 to... Objectivelly.... Melinda. I still prefered Blake's song, but Melinda was probably better.



Round 2 - Producers pick:

Jordin Sparks - She works hard for the money - I dind't like that at all. The first half of it was booooooooooring... She sounded and looked like she was phoning it in. the second half was good - she kicked into gear nd it was much better.

Blake Lewis - This Love

I LOVED THIS ONE!!!! This was totally perfect for him. In his range, great style, great genre, AWESOME! His voice was perfect on that one. Just enough of the beatboxing to remind us who he is.... LOVED IT! Did I say I loved it? :)

Melinda Doolittle - Nutbush City Limits - HATED the song, but LOVED Melinda's voice and performance. I think it's my favorite of hers. And I don't even like the song! She sounded great, and looked so comfortable up there, prancing the stage, mike stand in hand. Awesome!

Round 2 goes to ... Tie with Blake and Melinda. Jordin was totally out of this one.



Round 3 - Personal choice:

Jordin Sparks - I Who Have Nothing - She totally oversang that song. She nailed it the first time she sang it, she didn't nail it tonight. Bad choice.

Blake Lewis - When I Get You Alone

I was pleasantly surprised. I was really hoping he wouldn't come out and sing in falsetto... Thank goodness he didn't. It was not as good as the M5 song, but it was still awesome. He seemed rushed in his wording tho... But I love that style of music for him, and as usual, stellar stage presence. I hope Simon didn't give him the kiss of death with his comment at the end.

Melinda Doolittle - Woman - It was good - I too loved the little striptease at the top. But other than that... Like Jordin, she didn't nail it tonight the way she had previously in the season. So it was kinda just ok I felt.

Round 3: Tie between Melinda and Blake again, maybe with a slight Blake advantage.


Simon totally pimped Melinda at the end - about time someone other than Jordin is pimped. It kinda surprised me tho - I was expecting a much bigger pimping job on Jordin, but no.

One thing to be said about Blake... Simon was right - Blake never compromised, always stayed true to who he is, and took risks after risks after risks throughout the competition. He made it fresh, he made it current, he made if fun! He ws the only one to choose a different song for his personal choice. That takes courage to do something like that at the end of the competition. Good for you Blake!

So who will go on to the Finale? Who will go home? Stay tune...

AND VOTE FOR BLAKE!!!!!

*****EDITED*****

Well, well, well...

Blake makes it to the finals!

I cannot believe it! I'm so happy for him! But I really thought that he was going home, especially when it was down to him and Melinda. But when Ryan called Melinda first... I knew Blake would be safe. Wow!

I still think Jordin should have been the one to go home, based on last night's performances. She was the worst of the three. I guess at this point, it all comes down to popularity... From the homecoming videos, Blake seems to have had the most people coming to see him, while Melinda seems to have a much smaller crowd welcoming her home.

I thought Elliott was great, although I didn't love this song. It's good to see him up there nd doing his thing. Maroon 5 was ok... Didn't love the song, but they sounded good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MELINDA DOOLITTLE IN HER FIRST-EVER NIGHTCLUB ENGAGEMENT

NOVEMBER 17 – 21, NEW YORK CITY

FEINSTEIN'S AT LOEWS REGENCY, the nightclub proclaimed "Best of New York" by New York Magazine, will debut MELINDA DOOLITTLE in her first-ever nightclub engagement from November 17 – 21. The “American Idol” finalist will perform an intimate evening of jazz standards, pop hits and Broadway classics, in addition to selections from her CD, Coming Back To You. All shows are at the Regency Hotel (540 Park Avenue at 61st Street). For ticket reservations and club information, please call (212) 339-4095 or visit feinsteinsatloewsregency.com and TicketWeb.com.