Wednesday, May 23, 2007

American Idol - Top 2 - Finale

The judges were all over the place tonight. Randy was nauseating with his "just only 17" stich, and his comments on the last song "It's about singing, it's all about you baby". *throwing up*

Paula couldn't commit to anything to save her life. Bless her heart, she lets it all out to the viewers.

Simon suprised me tonight. On the first two songs, he couln't really commit either, but he did give Blake the advantage! I couldn't believe it. But then, he totally handed the crown to Jordin on the last song. But came around to his original comments at the end: "Best performer, Blake. Best singer, Jordin".


Round 1:
Blake - You Give Love a Bad Name

He performed it even better than the first time. But I agree with Simon, his voice was a bit flat in places. But it didn't really matter, it was awesome.

Jordin - Fighter. This bored me to death. She was rushed in her phrasing, no life on stage, and she was screaming in places.

Round 1: CLEARLY to Blake


Round 2:
Blake - She Will Be Loved

I loved that song for him. PERFECT, just like This Love last week. GORGEOUS falsetto that gives me chills. His voice was beautiful on this.

Jordin - Broken Wing - Jordin did this one well. Last week, when she did I Who Have Nothing again, I thought her performance was not as good as the first time. Tonight, her performance was BETTER than the first time she sang that song. She did well.

Round 2: I want to say tie, but I guess Jordin gets the edge. By only tiny little bit!


Round 3:
Blake - This Is My Now

OMFG.... *vomit* That song couldn't have been cheesier even if they tried. What an awful, awful, awful song! Blake did the best he could with it, but you could tell he was NOT feeling it AT ALL. He was way too loose with it. And I agree with Simon, he really looked uncomfortable. Poor Blake. Kuddos to him for having sung it tho - I would have flipped the bird to everyone and gone home. I really wish Blake said something about it tho. He could have said, it's a nice song, but really outside my box, I did what I could with it... Ya know? He definetely was biting his tongue at the end, and I wish he would have just said something. But he's a gentleman, so he probably didn't want to say anythign bad.

Jordin - This Is My Now - OMFG, she is screaming. OMFG, she's pitchy. OMFG, she is shaking. OMFG, the water works. *gag, vomit*

Yep, tomorrow will be interesting.

On the bright side - Blake gave us two beautiful, wonderful performances, and we had Daughtry there at the end! Nice treat!

Jordin was pitchy, screaming, not to be heard on the low parts on that last song. BUT... She sang the money note.... So of COURSE she's fantastic!!! [/sarcasm]

Yes, I'm bitter. This is Carrie/Bo all over again, and Jordin is clearly the one they want at the end. I don't dislike Jordin for a second - she's great, she's a wonderful singer and all that jazz. But it really pisses me off the way they just write Blake off at the end - yes, DAWG, I'm looking at you!!! GRRRRRRR...

Simon actually looks like he wants to save Blake somehow... I've never seen him so undecided before.

No comments: