Monday, October 19, 2009

David Cook - Myrtle Beach, SC - Oct 15th 2009 - show review and pictures

I was SO excited for this show - not only had it been 8 months since the last time I saw the boys, but I got to share the whole experience with my very best friend Allison. It was a long time coming! And we enjoyed it to the fullest. :)

Allison and I had purchased a "crash the barricades" ticket that included dinner (hot-dogs, hamburgers and chips lol) and was suppose to get us in the club before the others. Little did we know, there was also another type of advanced tickets that got people in the club at the same time as we did. As such, we were not as close to the stage as we wished we'd be. But it was still good - we were 6 people from the stage, no tall 6ft people in front of us, between Andy and David. The view was amazing, and we didn't mind not being up against the stage one bit (although it sure would have been cool!).

So, while we were waiting in line to get into the venue, a security guy walked by and was telling people that if they caught us with our cameras, that they would throw us out. At least that is what I heard... Allison says the guy said he'd make us check our camera for 2$. If I had heard that... I would have chanced getting my cam in the venue! But since I heard otherwise, and didn't want to be thrown out, we took my camera back to the car. Oh well. The iphone pics that I got are just that - iphone pics. But some are still pretty good, so I'm not too upset about it.

So we got:

Heroes
Mr. Sensitive
We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping (2007, unreleased)
Kiss on the Neck (w/Hotel California snippet)
Souvenir (2008, unreleased)
Lie
Bar-ba-sol
Died in Your Arms (Cutting Crew cover)
Declaration
Come Back To Me
Light On
I Did It For You

Heroes is so freaking GOOD as an opener. It just plain kicks ass. I was so so so happy to hear Honest again, and to watch Neal sing. *thud* I just love that song. KOTN is fucking HOT HOT HOT! Neal licking his guitar - me dying. IDIFY rocks my socks live, it is so freaking good. I would have never guessed that from the record version only. Lie was beautiful, but damn freaking people were singing along while he sang without the mike. *shakes head* I don't get how people cannot understand that they need to shut up.

I pogoed so freaking hard to Died in Your Arms and Declaration. Those two songs back to back had me sweating and smiling from ear to ear!!! Never though I could pogo to Died in Your Arms before. *LOL*

I love love love love love that he played Souvenir. We don't hear it often, and it's one of Allison's fav, so I was really pleased we got that.

I busted out my Light On app for LO. LOL I know, I'm a dork, but it made me happy. *LOL*

We went out to the buses after the show. Artie was out signing, as was Kyle. But they never came to our sides. Oh well. Then David came out, signed for about half of the crowd, and then security took the "barricade" down, so Dave left. The buses actually left 10 min after that, so I guess David really stayed for as long as he could. We were disappointed, but were ok with it all.

It was an amazing show, in a really great venue, and I enjoyed every second of it!!!

Here's a sample of my pictures. Feel free to repost, but please leave the tags on.

For more pictures, please head on over to http://www.rockbandlounge.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=11395


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: