Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random Song of the Day - Axium - Creep

Of course the very first post of my Random Song of the Day just HAD to be a song related to David Cook. Figures. *L*

So. Creep cover, sung by David Cook in his Axium days.

Here. Have some of it.



This song is part of one of Axium's live recording, Alive in Tulsa @ The Venue, circa 2004.

I still remember when I heard that song for the first time. I thought Cook was emulating Thom Yorke of Radiohead way too much. But I kept listening and listening and listening. And it really grew on me. Fair to say I absolutely adore Cook's voice; I just had to remind myself that this was recorded when the guy was 22 years old. His voice has changed and matured since that time. Still, I love the bits where Cook's true voice comes out, rather than his imitation of Chris Cornell/Thom Yorke.

All in all, one of the better Creep cover I've heard. I still prefer Lukas Rossi version better, but David's rank way up there.

No comments: