Monday, November 9, 2009

David Cook - Columbia, SC - Oct 17th 2009 - show review and pictures

Wow...

What to say about Columbia? The atmosphere was awesome - being at a fair, everyone felt like partying! The weather was freaking COLD, with a little bit of drizzle, but all in all, it held up for us and no one ended up being too too wet. hot and I were in the 5th row, pretty much in front of Neal. Awesome, awesome spot. Andy was just a little too much in the dark for our liking, but all in all, we had a great view of David and of Neal.

So, set list:

I Did It for You
We're Only Honest When We're Sleeping (2007, unreleased)
Mr. Sensitive
Heroes
Lie
Kiss on the Neck (w/Hotel California snippet)
Bar-ba-sol
Declaration
Died in Your Arms (Cutting Crew cover)
Light On
Straight Ahead (Analog Heart)
Come Back To Me

With the omission of Souvenir and the addition of Straight Ahead, we pretty much got the same set list as in Myrtle Beach. And it's ok, because it was an awesome set list! IDIFY really rocks live and is such a great opener. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true! Honest and KOTN are my favorites, so that was awesome to hear them again. I want a studio version of Honest like NOW!!!!!! Heroes, Declaration, Did In Your arms, they made me pogo yet again, and boy that was fun (and welcomed in the cold! IT warmed me all up!).

So the band closes the set with Light On, and we all sing along and scream at the end for the band to come back for the encore. We knew Come Back To Me was going to be one of two songs since they had not played it yet.

But then, the first few cords of Straight Ahead start, and I think I totally lost it. FINALLY I was hearing an Analog Heart song LIVE!!! In the flesh!!! That was absolutely awesome. Hearing the crowd sing it along, watching David and Neal and Andy play on it, wow, just wow, seriously. I think David enjoys hearing the crowd singing those words back to him, it must mean the world to him.

Honestly, I wish the concert had been longer. I wanted to hear more and more and more and more! It was sooooooooooooooooooo good.

We wanted to go find the buses and try to meet the guys, but we ended up not to. I think we would have had a hard time anyway, as I am pretty sure the buses were on the fair grounds, but to access them we would have had to go out of the fair grounds, but wouldn't have been able to come back in. So we just didn't go. A little disappointing, but I also think the guys left pretty much right away to drive to Charlotte NC, so it was all ok in the end.

Of course we had all the fried food we could find, and we had tons of fun. I'd do it all over again tomorrow, rain and cold and all, in a heartbeat!

And now for some pictures! As always, feel free to repost the pictures, but please leave the tags on!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, it was THAT cold!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: