Sunday, March 18, 2007

When I became a Jim fan

I wrote this entry a little bit ago for a website dedicated to Jim McGorman's fans. It's called "On The Rebound", and it's great! check it out at THIS ADDY.


So here is how and when I became a Jim fan...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I became a fan of Jim and his music when... It traces back to a while ago...

Sometimes in 2004, actually. I didn't know Jim at the time, but I had just watched a re-aired episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Tabula Rasa". I had fallen in love with Michelle Branch's song, Goodbye to You, and had noticed the cute keyboard player.

Fast forward to the summer of 2005.... Rockstar INXS... As the season went on, I started noticing the fabulous House Band more and more, and Jim always stood out for me. I've always loved watching Nate bang on his drums like his life depended on it, dreads flying all over the place... I've also always enjoyed the way Rafa seemed to make love to his guitar, and how intense he always is on stage... But somehow, it was the rhythm guitar and beautiful back vocals from Jimmy that got my attention. He was alwys so into the music, rocking out on stage... A few of the best Jim moments for me were, of course, Bohemian Rapshody, but also Pretty Vegas acoustic, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and a few others earlier in the season.

September 2005 - RockStar INXS Finale Week. JD, Marty and Mig, along with Nate, Paul and Jim from the House Band (I think it was only those 3, but I may be mistaken) are doing a radio interview and performing. At the end of the show, Jim sings lead on You Can't Always Get What You Want. I'm in love! I loved Jim's voice on this song from the moment I heard the first few lines.

Fast forward to the summer of 2006... RockStar Supernova... I'm excited for a new season! I'm excited to see the new contestants, and of course to hear my beloved House Band (and Jimmy) every week again. Gosh I missed
them! A few stand out Jim moments are of course his interactions with Zayra. I love how Jim's face cannot lie on how he feels... On stage, I've enjoyed every single Jim moment, but particularly Time after Time with Dilana. Jim was showcased for the brilliant musician and singer he really is... I love this particular performance. And of course we were treated to a few Jim performances at the City Walk show... Jesse's Girl was just an amazing performance!!!

Sometimes in august 2006, I became aware that Jim had his own band, Jamestown Ltd. I listened to his album, The World Is Falling Down, on his website. When I listen to an album the first time, I like to get a quick feel of what the album is all about, so I usually listen to about 30 seconds of each song before listening to the whole thing. Not with Jim's album. From the first note of You're Not Alone to the last one of You and I, I listened to every single second of every single song rigth away.

That was it, I was totally won over. I am now a fan for life. Whatever he does in the future, I'll support him. Now that he will be touring with Avril Lavigne, I'm looking forward to having a chance to see him on stage in Canada... I'm also very much looking forward his next album. In the meantime...

Don't cover it up
All the streets of America oiled in blood
I'm sorry my love
There are some things that happened that can't be undone
Is our love enough?
When there's nowhere to hide breathing ashes from above

If this world is falling down
If this town is underground
I wish you were here
Singing along with me...

No comments: