Wednesday, March 7, 2007

American Idol

Top 12 - Guys



Blake Lewis .. All Mixed Up








I like Blake very much for his uniqueness, for his cool voice and look. That was a good performance that I enjoy very much. Not because it was the strongest vocal performance ever, but because it's something that has not been done on Idol before. I don't know the song, and like Randy, I didn't care much that I didn't know, because Blake got me interested. I think the problem for Blake this week is that he chose a unique song, sure, but it did nothing to show off his voice. Still lvoe him tho. And I love we saw some of his tattoo!!!

Sanjaya Malakar - Waiting on the World to Change - When he started I had high hopes... But that quickly faded away. Still better than last week, but that's not saying much. There's nothing more I can say... He's not ready, he shouldn't be there, and the judges only want him gone gone gone, just like the rest of us. Teeny boppers, please let him go!

Sundance Head .. Jeremy - It wasn't that bad, but it was not as good as last week. He did scream a lot of that song. I felt he tried way too hard with the pseudo dancing and mike stand manipulations (that are nothing like those of that other bloke, ya know, that guy, huh what's his name... Oh yeah, JD fortune.. *L*). If he really wanted to sing a Pearl Jam song - a Pearl Jam song on AI! WOW! - he should have done a slower tune... Perhaps even Better Man. But he gets brownie points for bringing Pearl Jam to AI.

Chris Richardson - Tonight I Want To Cry - I usually don't like that kind of voice, and the kind of music he favors, but there's something that is pleasing to my ears in Chris' voice. He WAS nasal tonight, much more so than usual. I don't think he showed very much originality with his song choice or his interpretation, but he sang it well. Elliott Yamin KILLED this song last season.

Jared Cotter .. If You Really Love Me - Second song in a row that Elliott Yamin did last season. Jared surprised me, I really did not expect him to do as well as he did. That being said, I just don't like him. Yeah, he's cute, yeah, he's esthetically pleasing... But his eye fucks, the way he moves, the facial expressions he has when he sings, everything bothers me. Tonight, he was shouting his song rather than singing it.

Brandon Rogers - Just Want To Celebrate - Brandon is just not picking songs that show off his beautiful voice. But damn his got a beautiful smile....

Phil Stacey - Like Water - OMFG the start of this song was soooooooooooooo bad... Creepy even. The lower part of his voice is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Ok, falsetto surprised me. Pretty good. And he's got a good thing going when he streches himself. But tonight, he screamed, he was pitchy, he was all over the place. His looks was strange, and the hat? No thanks. Bad, bad, bad performance. And I know it i stupid, but the fact he had one ear tucked in his hat and the other was not bothered me to no end.

Chris Sligh - We All Want to Be Love - LOVED the start of the song. That was awesome! I wish he'd stop dancing around tho - he was great until he started moving around, and then it's like he was concentrating more on the dancing rather than the singing. It was distracting to me, too. But still, Chris did really well. I like his tone very much.

Best of the night - Chris, Blake
Worst of the night - Sanjaya, Brandon

I want to send home - Sanjaya, Sanjaya, Sanjaya!
Will be going home - Brandon and Jared


Top 12 - Girls




Jordin Sparks .. Heartbreaker - Meh, she sang well, had some pitchy notes here and there, he f-ing back up singers were horrible... Jordin was just not believable on that song. Anyone thought about Ty Taylor? *LOL*

Sabrina Sloan .. Don't Let Go - Sabrina screamed her song. But she looked good.

Antonella Barba - Put Your Records On - Simon was being nice to Antonella, mentioning the stuff in the media and all... But damn Ryan needed to come ruin that for her by asking her questions. Why does he do hat this season? I really don't like it!

Haley Scarnato .. If My Heart Had Wings - Apparently, Haley's first song didn't clear, and she could only rehearse her new song once. I actually liked Hailey tonight. True, she's not the strongest singer, but I thought she sung her best tonight.

Stephanie Edwards .. Sweet Thing - Stephenie... I hated it tonight. Nearly flawless? No way, she was pitchy in many places, and shaky all over. I HATE that she chooses that kind of songs - the ones where there are a lot of words, and the rythm of the song doesn't always make sense. Not liking her or the song tonight AT ALL.

LaKisha Jones .. I Have Nothing - Lakisha sang really well, she looked STUNNING - I love her hair! But the song choice was indulgent and she didn't show originality at all. She did show passion and clearly has some "yo", but still...

Gina Glocksen .. Call Me When You're Sober - I REALLY enjoyed gina tonight! She seemed so comfortable up there. she showed personality and her voice was great. Yeah, she had some pitch problems here and there, but she was great. But those damn back up singers were so out of tune again on her song, that was totally awful!

Melinda Doolittle .. I'm a Woman - That from Melinda was amazing. AMAZING! I love the blues stuff she did. She was great!!!

Best of the night - Melinda, Gina
Worst of the night - Antonella, Stephenie

I want to send home - Antonella, Haley
Will be going home - Haley and Stephenie

No comments: