Tuesday, February 7, 2006

INXS/Lovehammers Tour: Massey Hall, Toronto 2/7/06

The show last night was fantastic! Even better, if possible, than the night before. And Monday show was totally awesome!!! I was front row, off to the left (Kirk side) and it was just wonderful. The Lovehammers did an even better job than the night before, and the crowd really got into it. Then for INXS... It was just awesome times infinity. OMFG!!! We were on our feet the whole freaking time. We wanted to go up to the stage, but the security guys wouldn't let us... But then Kirk started calling people up to the stage, gesturing for us to come closer. So the entire front row got up to the stage. During the next song, Kirk kept calling the people to come... So I would guess that the first 4 rows were right up stage! Everyone else moved closer in the seats, too. If I had known this would have happened (I was expecting the same security natzy type of thing as the night before, where we could only go up to the stage during Don't Change), I would have moved closer to center stage. Oh well, it was freaking awesome nonetheless! Kirk kept flirting with us, and we saw plenty of Garry and Tim and of course JD. Andrew was in wonderful form, was having so much fun, but stayed back the whole time. He only came close once to play with Tim and Kirk.

The sound was deafening, the crowd was deafening, my voice is even worse than yesterday, but OMFG was it ever awesome!!!

Here re some thoughts that I posted all over the place...

----------

Girly-Groupie Moment:
Yes I got to touch JD and I got to touch Tim!!! Kirk was right in front of me, and more than once did we sing in sinc, and more than once did he made funny faces at me or flirt with me. He's such a big flirt, not in a sexual way, but oh my god what a flirt!

-----------

The atmosphere was just electric!!! So much intesnsity and raw energy, it was defeaning and overwhelming and overpowering. It was quite simply put a long, nice intense orgasm from Suicide Blonde to Don't Change!!!

------------

Kirk came to the edge of the stage quite often, but he always stayed just out of reach. Same for Garry. I saw a lot of Garry tonight. Oh those hips!!! Yum. JD paced the stage all night - he was all over!!! When he was in fact within reach, he was standing right in front of me, looking into the crow. He had his knee bent a little, with his other leg back. I couldn't touch his hand, even if he was reaching out to the crowd. So I reached down a bit, put my hand on his knee and just slowly rubbed his leg. Up and down once or twice. I stopped and pulled my hand away, but he was still standing there, so I rubbed his calf a little. Nothing too out there, but it was nice. :)

I did sort of the same for Tim, who came to our side of the stage quite a bit. I rubbed his calf, patted it a few times, looked up and he was smiling so I did it again. :)

-----------

The crowd tonight was awesome!!! Much more into the whole concert than last night. I was right up against the stage, and from the last 3 songs of the regular set through the encore, it was completely deafening. The crowd sang so loud, I couldn't even hear JD sing. PV was just fucking awesome!!! Pardon my language, but not only did JD rock the shit out of it, the crowd got into it so much, JD could have stopped singing and no one would have noticed. It was so intense!

-----------

I had the best time tonight, it was simply awesome. I got plenty of love from the BINX, and that was priceless. Touching them was an added bonus. :)

------------

For me, it was quite different than last night, coz although I had good seats last night, tonight I was stuck to the stage. Not at all the same experience. Last night show was fucking awesome, wonderful in many ways. I was able to listen to the songs, hear JD's voice clearly. Tonight... It was fucking crazy! I didn't hear the music as well, and didn't hear JD's voice all the time. But being able to sing WITH the BINX and feel like you are right there on stage with them is a completely different experience.

-------------

Before I forget... Those are the kind of details I forget...

Early in the set, JD threw is mike stand to the ground. After a few seconds, Kirk picked it up. JD saw him, walked quickly right up to him, and while looking him in the eyes, he threw the mike stand down again. Kirk started laughing, and JD came back to him laughing too. They were both cracking up, and they had to turn away from each other in order to stop laughing! *L*

-----------

Oh another tidbit:

Can't remember which song, but close to the end of the set, JD walked over to Andrew and started singing with him. JD wouldn't leave, and was enjoying singing in Andrew's face. Andrew laughed, gave JD a weird face, than slapped JD's ass a few times with the tambourine. *LOL* JD left, laughing, and Andrew started rocking out so much, with this huge goofy grin on his face. :)

-----------

Another detail that I don't want to forget... JD was quite overwhelmed at the response of the crowd. From the last 3 or 4 songs through the 3 encore songs, he couldn't stop looking at the crowd, mouthing how amazing we were, how fucking awesome we were all, and how incredible it was for him to play for us, etc... At the end, as they were leaving the stage, it was clear that JD didn't want to leave. He had tears in his eyes. It was so touching to see him look at the crowd, completely overwhelmed and happy. Truly beautiful. :)

------------

Oh, and after the girl who had the "Let me Taste It" sign had her kiss from JD, Kirk went over to that side to play a sax solo - the one where he lays down on the ground. He looked at someone else's sign that said Jon is hot. Kirk made a gesture to signified he was "crossing" Jon';s name and he was screaming "No Kirk!!! KIRK!!!" *LOL Has he got up from the floor, he had this huge smile on his face. He was having a ball!

-----------------

Yes, JD gave Kirk a grind from behind. They were RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME for the whole freaking thing, too. Kirk made a funny face sort of lookign at us saying "ah, that JD! Don't know why he does that..." Too funny!

-----------------

Marty had a lot of love from the crowd, yes. He even said that they got more love from us tonight than from their hometown. :) They were great too, better than last night too. Trees sounded much better, too!

------------------

No comments: